Cashier Job at Foundation Institute of Africa
Responsibilities for the Cashier Job
- Receive and post cash transactions and perform related cashier functions including change fund, daily balancing of funds.
- Answer inquiries regarding student accounts.
- Prepare bank deposits verifying amounts against the computer reports.
- Maintain appropriate files of all payments received.
- Calculate charges and refunds; verify student loan and grant amounts.
- Set up payment plans and mail bills for student accounts to students, employer or governmental agencies.
- Assist auditors when needed.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize data and draft reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Maintaining daily account of the daily transactions and balancing accounts at the end of each day
- Any other duty as may be given from time to time
Cashier Job Qualifications
- Diploma in Business Administration/Business Management, Accounting, CPA, Mathematics, actuarial science or relevant field.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of department and college policies, procedures, and practices with the ability to answer work related questions
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures money management, and computer skills.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and filing systems.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to make rapid and accurate calculations on a ten-key calculator.
- Ability to shift quickly between several tasks without loss of continuity.
- Ability to operate telephone, computer, copy machine, and other typical office equipment.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to handle confidential matters judiciously.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement assigned responsibilities and to work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV and Cover letter to email@example.com with the position as a subject line on or before 20/9/2018.