Frontend Software Engineer Job at Cellulant
Cellulant is the leading one-stop digital payments company in Africa operating in 10 markets i.e. Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Mozambique; providing the glue connecting everyone to everything, every day. To do this we are looking for qualified, passionate, dynamic and vibrant people to drive our strategy and agenda.
Cellulant is looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for architecting, designing, developing, deploying and supporting tools and solutions for our customers. It will be your responsibility to help our team build scalable, highly available, reliable, secure deployments using an agile methodology.
Reports To: Technical Product Manager
- Design, Architect, develop, test, maintain and support software tools and platforms.
- Engage in all aspects of the software development cycle including; coding, documentation, testing, deployment, user training, post-implementation support, maintenance and issue resolution of the core product offerings.
- Evaluate and improve existing products and solutions, by researching new and alternative technologies and designs.
- Continuously improve the effectiveness of the development team through advancing the development pipeline, tools, and software development practices.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of relevant experience.
- Android or iOS experience is an added advantage.
- Backend development experience with procedural languages such as C, C++, C#, PHP, Java. Preferably PHP and Java. With enterprise servers, WebLogic, Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, JBOSS, Glassfish etc.
- Deep understanding of API development with various integration protocols e.g. Rest, Soap, iso 8583 etc.
- Experience accessing and using relational databases such as MySql, PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle
- Big Data or NoSQL databases experience (Hadoop, Mongo, NiFi, Storm or Spark).
- Must be able to work closely within the team and at the same time be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with human-centered design/design thinking & other UI/UX design paradigms.
How to Apply:
Send your CV in PDF, email subject: Frontend Software Engineer to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 15th, 2019. Hiring will be done on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.