- Ensure that proper books of accounts are kept in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards and the Kenyan law.
- Preparation of respective monthly financial reports (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss and Cash flow statements) for management decision-making.
- Develop, maintain, and review company’s annual budgets
- Develop a financial record-keeping, accounting and reporting system
- Prepare, review and ensure authorization of company expenditure in line with the annual budgets
- Management of fixed assets accounting for depreciation, disposal and gain or loss on disposal as well as asset revaluation/devaluation.
- Design the necessary finance processes and policies
- Preparation and management of the audit process – audit schedules design and implementation of the proposed audit resolutions and system controls.
- Ensure computation of the necessary taxes, payment thereof and full compliance with the Kenyan legislation on taxation.
- Monitor company’s business performance and frequently report to management for decision making process
- Evaluate business operations to ascertain accounting needs and recommend solutions to business and any arising financial problems
- 10 – 15 years progressive experience in Finance / Accounting
- Minimum 3 years as a Chief Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Commerce/ or related field
- CPA (K)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in use of an automated financial system / software
- Proficient communicator at all levels, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision making capability
How to Apply
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “3623”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3623 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 24 June 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.