Chief Manager – Enforcement (Domestic Taxes Department) Jobs, Tax & Customs Administration Jobs, KRA Jobs
Purpose of the job
- Administer the relevant Tax Acts for assessments, collection, and accounting for revenue;
- Assist the Deputy Commissioner in management of the Division.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of resources in the Division.
- Assist the Deputy Commissioner in eradication of illicit trade through field enforcement, factory control, case management and licensing in the division.
- Ensure effective and efficient management within the Division
- Participates in the review and formulation of the Departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent interpretation and uniform application of the relevant tax laws, policies and procedures;
- Advice the Deputy Commissioner on technical matters relating to the operations of the division
- Identification of operational risks and make recommendations for mitigations;
- Management of effective linkages with stakeholders including other law agencies to facilitate the eradication of illicit trade.
- Setting performance targets for units
- Overseeing management and operational reporting
- Foster strong working relationships with stakeholders in all areas of Authorities Interest.
- Implementation of Formulated strategies, policies and procedures relevant to surveillance and enforcement against illicit trade and illegal transaction in accordance with tax laws.
- Liaising with other departments or agencies responsible for control and monitoring of export
- Development and Preparation of Tactical reports
- In possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University;
- In Possession of Post Graduate Degree in Tax & Customs Administration
- Must have a thorough knowledge and wide experience on the application of the relevant Tax Acts
- Cumulative training in areas of stakeholder engagement ,intelligence, investigation and prosecution
- Extensive knowledge of Revenue Acts administered by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- At least ten (10) years of progressive experience in Surveillance, Enforcement, Case management or Policy and five (5) years at a managerial level
- Certification in Basic investigations techniques and intelligence courses.
- Experience in interagency Operation will be an added advantage
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills;
- Honesty and Integrity of Character is key
- Excellent decision making and capabilities;
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills;
- Resilient, focused and results oriented;
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player;
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships;
- Conversant with the KRA Revenue Administration and Modernization Projects;
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 4th July 2019.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
How to Apply