Chief Finance Officer Jobs, Finance Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary: Kshs. 98,500 – Kshs. 166,780 p.m. (CSG 6)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- served for a minimum period of twelve (12) years in finance/budget function, and currently at the grade of Senior Principal Finance Officer/Assistant Director of Budget, Job Group ‘P’/CSG 7;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance from a University recognized in Kenya;
- a masters degree in business administration (MBA), Economics, Finance, Commerce or in any other Financial related discipline from a University
- shown outstanding capability in financial management; and
- demonstrated understanding of national development goals, policies and objectives, national values and principles of governance.
Note: Possession of a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
An officer at this level will head a finance department in a large Ministry/ Department with large budget outlay. The officer will be required to develop budgetary requirements for the Ministry and coordinate the activities of the department. Specific duties include:
- scheduling of expenditures consistent with work plans;
- contract liability projections for the identification and budgeting of contractual and legal financial obligations;
- providing leadership in the Budget management matters;
- budget planning, preparation and implementation;
- coordinating the preparation of annual work plans, procurement plans and cash management;
- advising the Accounting officer on financial management matters;
- coordinating the preparation of the Ministerial Expenditure Reviews and the sector reports; and
- undertaking risk assessment and management of the Budget.
The National Treasury (Budget Department)
As the Deputy Director of Budget, the officer will deputize the Director of Budget. Specific duties include:
- coordinating the overall resource allocation in line with national policy;
- undertaking risk assessment on overall Budget policy;
- coordinating the linkage of the overall budget to the sectoral and ministerial cash plans;
- coordinating the development of budget policy, budget systems and reforms; and
- coordinating capacity building in the finance units/budget department.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019