Chief Grader Jobs, KMC Jobs
JOB GROUP KMC 5 REF: KMC/HRA/CG/03/10/2019 (POSITION 1) – RE- ADVERTISEMENT
- Ensure consistency in grading in accordance with regulations.
- Consider and determine all appeals made to him/her under regulations.
- Identify grading problems and recommend remedial action.
- Work together with Production superintendents, veterinary office and livestock department to ensure attainment of departmental targets
- Participate in continuous review of the Standard Operating Procedures and production Work Instructions
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
- Higher Diploma in Food production or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Certificate in meat inspection and grading from recognized institutions
- Five (5) years’ experience in meat grading
- Conversant with Grading Regulations
- Conversant with hygiene requirements in meat processing.
- Satisfy the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Advanced computer skills
Key personal attributes / functional skills
The ideal candidate should:
- Be honest, trustworthy and possess a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Be results-oriented and willing to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Have strategic leadership skills.
- Be a team player with the ability to motivate staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with varied stakeholders.
- Be customer-centric and resourceful in problem-solving.
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, registered Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board, and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
How to apply
If you meet the specified minimum requirements for the position advertised above, please send your application, Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees and daytime telephone contacts to reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 18th October 2019
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission,
P.O. Box 2-00204
Or online via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Meat Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result in an automatic disqualification.