Chief Officer Health Jobs, Medical Jobs, Uasin Gishu County Jobs
The Chief Officer shall be the authorized officer in the department and shall be responsible to the County Executive Committee Member.
- The Administration of the County department
- Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain vision 2030 and sector goals.
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans
- Implementation of policies and regulations
- Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery
- Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Be a Kenya citizen.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of a professional body relevant to the position applied for and in good standing
- Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in the relevant field, five of which should be in a managerial position
- Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws
- Demonstrate through understanding of county development objectives and vision 2030
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented
- Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet timelines
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Satisfies the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Be computer literate.