REF: SCPSB/07/02/2019/01 J.G ‘S’
Terms of Service: – 5 Year Contract
The Officer will be the Accounting and Authorized Officer for the Department and will also be responsible for the following:
- General administration and coordination of the respective County Department.
- Development, implementation and review of policies, Sector Plans and Budgets.
- Overseeing management of Departmental resources, preparation of budget estimates, annual work plans and Programmes.
- Formulation and implementation of effective programs aligned to County visions and sector goals.
- Development/selection and deployment of suitable e-government applications to enhance delivery of public service on electronic platform.
- Implementation and monitoring of the Performance Management system.
- Ensuring that Departmental staff are capacity built for effective service delivery.
- Organizing and coordinating consultative forums with Stakeholders
- Promotion of National Values and Principles of Good Governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Ensure effective service delivery through implementation of laid out policies and regulations.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must:-
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be in possession of a first degree in a relevant field from a University recognized in Kenya. A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than ten (10) years in a Management position in Public Service or Private Sector.
- Demonstrate understanding of devolution, county development objectives and vision 2030.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Be a strategic and result oriented individual and able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.
- Have knowledge and experience in Programme Based Budgeting, Planning and Financial analysis.
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax compliance certificates
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
- Clearance from the CRB.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website, attach copies of their credentials and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us on email@example.com
So as to reach the Board on or before Friday, 22nd February 2019 at 4:00pm
- Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer.
- Qualified persons from other ethnic communities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvasing or bribery will lead to automatic disqualification.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED