Chief Officer Roads & Public Works Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
JG ‘S’ (1 POST) – KSM/CPSB/2019/026
General Statement of Duties
Answerable to the County Committee Member for Roads and Public Works & in successfully fulfilling the Department’s mandate.
- General administration and coordination of the Department of Roads & Public Works.
- Overseeing management of finances, preparation and submission of budget estimates, annual plans and programs.
- Development and implementation of strategic sector plans and performance management.
- Formulation and implementation of policies and plans that conforms to County strategic plan and Vision 2030.
- Promotion of national values and principles of good governance as outlined in article 10 and 232 of the constitution of Kenya.
- Overseeing the implementation and monitoring of performance and management system.
- Demonstration of through understanding of devolution including the diversity within the County, the County development objectives and Vision 2030.
- The Authorized officer of the Department as defined in the County Service Board Act/PSCK Act Cap. 185 (Rev. 2012).
- The Accounting Officer of the Department as defined in the Public Financial Management Act 2012.
- The Chief Executive (CEO), Accounting Officer and Authorized Officer of the Department.
- Responsible for Policy Development and Implementation for efficient and effective Management of the Department.
- Responsible for Co-Ordination and Supervision of the Department.
- Providing Effective Leadership in promoting development and implementation of the provisions of the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and relevant Acts of Kisumu County Assembly in all aspects related to the Department.
- Efficient management of the day to day operations and administration of human resources in the department.
- Efficient utilization of funds and other County Government resources placed at the disposal of the department by the County Assembly.
- Giving effect to lawful directives of County Executive Member for Roads Transport and Public Works and keeping him/her informed of all important activities and events connected with the department.
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of a first degree in the relevant field from a university recognized in Kenya
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Must have registered with engineer’s board of Kenya(EBK), Must have a valid practicing certificate and be a member of institute of engineers of Kenya(IEK)
- Must have post registration experience of at least five(5)years
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than Ten (10) years in the specific area, five of which should be at managerial level.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Have capacity to work under pressure and meet strict timelines.
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.