Chief Officer Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
JG ‘S’ (1 POST) – KSM/CPSB/2019/039
The Chief Officer shall be the Accounting and Authorized Officer with respect to the exercise of delegated powers and shall report to the County Executive Committee Member in charge of Tourism, Culture, Arts and Sports for administration and other duties as provided under Section 46 of the County Governments Act 2012.
- General strategic administration and co-ordination of the Tourism, MICE, Culture and Arts, portfolio.
- Provide strategic policy direction for effective service delivery
- Formulating and implementation effective programme geared towards streamlining the departments to attain Vision 2030 and the Governor’s Manifesto
- Development and implementation of Tourism, MICE, Culture and Arts policies, plans, programmes and projects within the department.
- Development and implementation of Tourism, MICE, Culture and Arts extension services and other cross cutting issues in the County.
- Providing and improving administrative links between the County and the Tourism, Culture and Arts field services and activities.
- Prudently utilizing and managing the physical/financial/human resources in the County.
- Building capacity and backstopping the county managers/staff.
- Overseeing management of finances, preparation and submission of budget estimates, annual work plans and programmes.
- Overseeing the implementation and monitoring of performance management systems.
- Mainstreaming integrity assurance in projects and programmes.
- Promoting collaboration of stakeholder participation in extension service delivery.
- Participating in M&E of projects and programmes in the County.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Financial Management, Tourism, Anthropology, Sociology, Convention Events Management
- A Master’s degree in any of the above fields will be an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience, five (5) of which must have been at senior management levels
- Must have undergone continuous senior management training and/or strategic leadership development
- Must be familiar with financial management processes including procurement, budgeting
- Must have good understanding of the either the laws Tourism, Culture and Arts, building and managing public and private partnerships
- Must demonstrate competence in planning and ability to manage implementation of projects and programmes
- Proficiency in computer applications is required
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to inspire and motivate development partners, employees, volunteers, and diverse client groups
- Must have self-drive and initiative to executive programs
- Membership of the relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, the County development objectives and Vision 2030.
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.