Chief Revenue Officer Job at Mandera County
Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
CHIEF REVENUE OFFICER, JG ‘M’ FIVE (5) POSTS
Chief Revenue Officer Job Duties and responsibilities
- Advice the treasury heads on revenue management;
- Provide leadership in revenue management to a number of revenue officers in charge of specific revenue points;
- Assist in development and implementation of county revenue policies;
- Develop and implement a plan to create demand and achieve revenue growth; Take charge of matters pertaining Revenue Collection;
- Assess risks involved in new and existing Revenue policies;
- Assist in the setup of an effective mechanism for monitoring and ensure system integrity and security to ensure the system is not altered by fraudsters;
- Monitor revenue collection in the sub county to ensure revenue targets at the sub counties are met;
- Prepare timely and accurate revenue reports for the sub county level; Tracking accountable documents;
- Verifying and reconciling figures and authenticating the work of Revenue Clerks; Issuing and accounting for revenue handling materials;
- Banking collections on time;
- Heading teams of revenue assistants/clerks in performance of tasks; Heading revenue collection transactions of critical nature;
- Perform any other duties that maybe assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Chief Revenue Officer Job
- Be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics or Business Administration/ Management or Bachelor of Arts from a recognized university;
- Conversant with QuickBooks and sage pastel accounting;
- Must have experience in revenue collection in the public or private sector for a minimum period of two (2) years;
- Membership to professional bodies (e.g. ICPAK, ACCA etc.) will be an added advantage; Demonstrated a thorough understanding of national goals, policies and development
- objectives and ability to align them to the County’s mandate;
- Be conversant with the provisions of the Public Finance Management (PFM) Act;
- Be a team player with exemplary leadership qualities, interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills;
- Certificate in Computer application skills relevant to financial management from a recognized institution;
- Satisfies requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Written applications, CVs, copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Thursday, 16 th August, 2018 at 4.00p.m. or be hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre. No Online application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.