Chief Tourism officer is responsible for implementing County and National tourism policies and programs, develop and implement County tourism development plans and projects.
- Collect and compile tourism information and data in the County
- Support Local tourism industry through providing promotional opportunities, devising and coordination marketing campaigns.
- Develop e-tourism platform including websites and constructing business data.
- Undertake research (market) with members on the public and visitors to particular
- Develop spot check schedule to ensure compliance with the provisions of the tourism Act and any other Laws relating to tourism in the County
- Organize special and seasonal events and festival and setting up and attending exhibitions.
- Devise and plan tours, and arrange itineraries
- Manage staff, budgets and staff training needs
- Order products and services
- Provide funding and business advice and send e-newsletters to local businesses
- Write and present reports for committees
- Plan and write funding applications
- Work on product development
- Give talks to local parties, community groups and schools, and handle media enquiries
- Undertake market research with members of the public and visitors to particular attractions
- Carry out strategic planning and development, e.g. commissioning and/or producing tourism strategies and economic impact studies for implementation; lobbying, devising and implementing marketing campaigns.
- Any other duty assigned by the Director Tourism.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen.
- Must have served in a similar position for a period of not less than 3 years.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Tourism, Tourism management or Tourism related field from recognized institution.
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Tourism regulations is desirable
- Sound Computer literacy
- Satisfy chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity matters.
- Demonstrate a high degree of technical competence as reflected in the work performance and results.
- Demonstrate a Good understanding of Devolution.
- Applicants should clearly indicate on the envelope and application letter the position applied for.
- Applicants MUST attach copies of CV’s, academic and professional certificates.
- Current clearance certificates from CID, HELB, EACC and KRA
- Confirmation of Kenyan citizenship (National Identity Card).
- Indicate sub-county and ward of residence.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing directly or indirectly will result to disqualification.
- Gender, ethnicity, disability and regional balance considerations will be applied in the selection process.
How To Apply
Fill in the Online Application Form after reading the instructions inside the form. CLICK HERE for Online Application Form, and attach certificates/ testimonials,
Fill in a physical Application Form and drop it at the Mombasa County Public Service Board Office at Betting Control Building, Mombasa or via postal mail/ courier service, and attach certificates/ testimonials. For this form CLICK HERE.
All Applications should reach the Mombasa County Public Service Board offices at Betting & Control Building, Mombasa on or before Friday 8th March 2019 by 4.30 p.m.
In case you need more guidance on how to fill the form, don’t hesitate to call our PR & Communication Office on the numbers provided.
Mombasa County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer.