Technical Advisor Job at Centre for Health Solutions
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to address existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of TechnicalAdvisor: CHS/TBARCII/TA/2018.
Reporting to the Senior Technical Advisor/Deputy Chief of Party the incumbent shall be responsible for providing technical support and oversight towards the implementation of TB activities at both national and regional level in order to reduce the Incidence and number of deaths due to Tuberculosis in Kenya. The advisor will additionally provide technical support to the regional teams towards the scale up of new programmatic interventions and sustaining ongoing interventions such as active case finding, Programmatic management of Drug Resistant TB, GeneXpert uptake and Isoniazid Preventive Therapy scale up activities in the regions.
Technical Advisor Job Responsibilities
- Working closely with DCOP/STA, oversee implementation of program activities and provide high quality technical leadership at both national and regional level.
- Support development of project annual work plans and monitor implementation for achievement of measurable and impactful outcomes.
- Provide technical support in program design, monitoring and evaluation using available evidence for decision making.
- Support institutionalization of Continuous Quality Improvement indicators and models for project implementation.
- Provide direct technical support to the regional officers and national team.
- Support Technical Assistance, quarterly review meetings and national level missions
- In collaboration with the training coordinator, support capacity building at national, regional and county level using new innovative solutions
- Support development of high quality quarterly, and annual reports to showcase achievements, lessons learnt and best practices
- Support documentation and dissemination of the project best practices, and operational research
- Support development of job aids, tools and materials as required
- Represent CHS in national and regional level TWGs
- Perform other technical duties as assigned
Requirements for the Technical Advisor Job
- A Medical Doctor with Public Health experience, a Master’s degree in Public Health would be an added advantage
- At least three (3) years progressive TB or HIV -related clinical experience
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in a not-for profit setting or engagement with private health providers
- Significant program TA experience
- Working knowledge in project management, capacity building, networking, operational research, monitoring and evaluation,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation
- Keen attention to detail
- Demonstrate experience in Operational Research
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title and reference number as the subject, by 5.00PM on Monday, October 22, 2018. CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.