Clerk Of Works Jobs, Construction Management Jobs, University Jobs, Machakos University Jobs
Machakos University was awarded a Charter on 7th October 2017 and is a successor of Machakos University College.
Machakos University invites applications from candidates who are suitably qualified and experienced with excellent credentials to fill the listed vacant positions in the University.
This position reports to the Deputy Vice Chancellor APF and is responsible for the preparation of specifications and contract documents for major works, inspection and valuation of buildings, Supervising employees below him/her and designing building and maintenance works
- Preparation of specifications and contract documents for major works.
- Inspection and valuation of buildings
- Designing building and maintenance works.
- Organizing and administration of routine electrical maintenance works.
- Supervising employees below him/her, undertake staff development and capacity building,
- Preparation of electrical drawings and any other duties as may be assigned by a senior officer.
- Must have an earned Master’s Degree in Property or Construction Management/ Building Economics.
- Six (6) years of relevant experience, 3 years of which as Assistant Estates Officer I /Assistant Clerk of Works I at Grade 9/10 or equivalent.
- Must be Computer Literate.
- Must have an earned Bachelor’s degree in Building Economics or its equivalent with nine (9) years’ work experience
- Higher Diploma in Building Economics or equivalent from a recognized institution with twelve (12) years’ work experience three (3) of which in each case as Estates Officer I /Deputy Maintenance Officer/Assistant Clerk of Works/Assistant Inspector of Works Grade 9/10.
- Must be Computer Literate
How to Apply
Applicants should submit five (5) COPIES each of their application letter, a detailed C.V and academic and professional certificates (including KCSE/KCE/EACE/KACE/EAACE).
They should indicate their current salary, allowances and other benefits and addresses and telephone numbers of there (3) referees.
NB: KINDLY NOTE THAT IT IS A MUST THAT YOU TYPE IN THE REQUIRED INFORMATION IN THE JOB APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE IN THE UNIVERSITY WEBSITE, PRINT, SIGN AND ATTACH TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Applications should be sent to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (APF)
P.O. Box 136 – 90100
The applications should reach the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s office on or before 15th May, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Machakos University is an equal opportunity employer; women, persons with disabilities and those from marginalized regions are encouraged to apply.