Clerk of Works Jobs, Administration Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Construction Jobs, St. Francis Community Hospital Jobs
The Clerk of Works will ensure that the interests of St.Francis Community Hospital are represented with regards to confirming the quality of both materials and workmanship are in accordance with the design information such as specifications/bill of quantities and engineering drawings, in addition to recognized quality standards.
The incumbent will report directly to the CEO.
- Ensure contract compliance by the contractor, such as conducting quality tests specified in contract and installing materials/equipment as specified in contract/bill of quantities, and report deficiencies to Hospital Management Team;
- Provide reports on all on-site matters, including third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns, and causes for delay.
- Review and demonstrate understanding of contract documents, architectural drawings and specifications in order to maintain familiarity with the project.
- Maintain job-site files, documents, reports and daily log; prepare periodic reports and present to the Hospital Management Team as required (daily basis).
- Coordinate, monitor, inspect and supervise construction works.
- Conduct on-site observation and spot-checks of work in progress.
- Attend all job-site/contract meetings as hospital’s representative.
- Perform related duties as assigned including continuous reporting to the contractor on available work fronts.
- Protect the hospital from incurring additional project costs including but not limited to fines, legal issues.
- Review requests for progress payments submitted by construction contractor and forward with recommendations to the Hospital Management Team.
- Leadership on site: Dealing skillfully and diplomatically by managing the requirements of a diverse range of people including Hospital management, architects, engineering professionals, sub-contractors etc.
- Conducting regular inspections to construction projects at critical phases
- Ensuring workmanship quality and speed remain paramount to the success of the project
- Provide technical input regarding design, construction, or modifications as required.
- Must be able to check on the quality and quantity of materials delivered on site and in the storage unit.
- Diploma in Civil/Structural Engineering/Building and Construction from a recognized institution.
- Two (2) years’ experience in Building and construction work.
- Proficiency in the use of design software and Microsoft office and knowledge of applicable National and County building regulations.
- Possess an understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings as well as building methods and elements of strong projects analytics.
- Valid Certificate of good conduct
- Experience in construction of a recognized hospital will be an added advantage
- Proven track record in running projects
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Decisive individual with ability to think analytically, creatively and rapidly address challenges on site.
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 30th October 2019