Climate Change Director Jobs, PSC Jobs
Salary Scale: Kshs.132,000 – 195,410p.m. (CSG 5)
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Deputy Director, Climate Change, CSG 6 or in a comparable position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the disciplines: Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Engineering, Environment Law, Environmental Planning and Management, Meteorology, Climatology, Law, Economics or any other related field from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the disciplines: Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Engineering, Environment Law, Environmental Planning and Management, Meteorology, Climatology, Law, Economics or any other related field from a university recognized in Kenya
- attended Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks in a recognized institution;
- a proven track record of teamwork, leadership, good knowledge of international, regional and national obligations, policies and regulations relating to climate change;
- an understanding of climate change negotiations and financial mechanism; and
- (vii)demonstrated professional competence, high integrity and leadership capability in work performance and results.
Duties and responsibilities at this level include:
- coordinate and be responsible for the day to day running and administration of the Directorate;
- providing analytical support on climate change to the various sector ministries, agencies and county Government;
- establishing and managing a national registry for appropriate mitigation actions by public and private entities;
- coordinating the national knowledge and information management centre for collating, verifying, refining and disseminating knowledge and information on climate change;
- coordinating implementation of the gender and intergenerational climate change education, consultation and learning at the national and county governments levels;
- advising the Cabinet Secretary on matters relating to legislation, policy coordination, regulation and monitoring of climate change governance;
- maintaining custody of the seal of the Council;
- jointly with the Chairperson of the council, authenticate the affixing of the seal of the council on documents and records of the council;
- coordinating resource mobilization for climate change projects and other initiatives;
- coordinating and representing the Ministry in international, regional and national climate change negotiations and meetings;
- coordinating, facilitating and undertaking performance management and appraisal of the staff in the Directorate; and
- coordinating the climate change related programmes /projects.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019