Clinical Officer Jobs, Medical Jobs, KEMRI Jobs
Vacancy: CGHR /94/07/19
This program is collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the Stanford University, California, USA whose main purpose is to conduct a research study titled “Disentangling the human vector relationship to disrupt dengue and chikungunya virus outbreaks in Kenya”. The section has a vacancy for a Clinical Officer.
Position: Clinical Officer MR 7 (1 position)
Reporting to: Principal Investigator.
- Diploma in clinical medicine.
- Be registered with relevant professional body and in possession of a valid practicing license.
- At least two years of clinical trial experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Fluency in both English and Swahili, written and spoken.
- Training in Good Clinical Practices and Paediatric Life Support are added advantages
- Collect clinical data for the project from study participants.
- Perform phlebotomy on consented study participants.
- Attend to clinical follow-up of participants.
- Provide clinical care to study participants in a designated health facility, which includes on-call.
- Liaise with other study team members as necessary to achieve the desired goals.
- Contribute to seminars, educational activities in a selected health facility.
- Any other related duties as assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Terms of Employment
One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales.
How To Apply
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number).
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address.
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers.
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts.
Apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100 Kisumu not later than August 13, 2019.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted