Reporting to the Head of Medical Services, the job holder is responsible for Planning, Implementation, Coordination, Supervision and Evaluation of clinical services offered to KPA employees and their eligible dependents.
- Offering specialized clinical services including, Anesthesia, ENT/Audiology, ophthalmology, reproductive health, orthopedics and trauma, child health and pediatrics, lungs and skin, dermatology and venereology, cardiovascular perfusion.
- Taking history, examining, diagnosing and treating patients.
- Liaising with other health personnel for efficient delivery of patient care.
- Guiding and counseling patients/clients and other staff on health issues.
- Sensitizing patients and clients on preventive and pro motive health.
- Referring patients and clients to appropriate clinics/specialists.
- Teaching of students undertaking training in their field.
- Implementing community health care activities in liaison with other health workers.
- Collecting and compiling clinical data.
- Carrying out minor surgical procedures as per training and skills.
- Assessing, preparing and presenting medico – legal reports.
- Organizing health management teams and convening health management committee meetings.
- Effective supervision, training and development of staff working under him/her
- Coaching and mentoring students on attachment.
- Be a holder of Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery or any other related field from a recognized institution
- A Masters in a health related field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Be registered with the Clinical Officers Council of Kenya
- Possess Annually Practicing Certificate by the Kenya Medical Board
- A Diploma in Industrial & Occupational Health will be an added advantage.
- Trained in Health Care Management
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in delivery of clinical services with at least three (3) years served at supervisory level
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.