Section: Member / Client Services
Location / Work Station: Kibera
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 4.00PM, 2 Saturdays a month
Reporting Relationships Reports to: Clinic Manager / Satellite Clinic Coordinator
Direct reports: N/A
To be responsible for achieve SHOFCO’s health overall mandate by implementing clinical services policies at the allocated facility.
- Offer health care services to patients by taking history, examining patients, carry out investigations, prescribe treatment, follow-up of patients, and give health education talks.
- Maintain and review patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Guide and counsel patients, clients, and staff on health issues.
- Respond to enquiries relating to patients, lab requests, x-rays, prescription requests, etc.
- Coordinate appointments for specialist referrals, x-rays, lab tests, etc. and convey pertinent instructions and information to the patient.
- Attend to clinical care centres patients and manage opportunistic infections.
- Conduct continuous medical education and health educations as may be required.
- Work with other team members and staff of other cadres in ensuring quality service provision.
- Be accountable for any equipment assigned and report to the line manager as may be required.
- Collect data and compile clinical reports.
- Collect and compile data for research on clinical services.
- Undergo coaching by more experienced clinical officers to achieve professional competences.
- Apply the SHOFCO’s health standard treatment and patient management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
- Registered clinical officer preferably trained at KMTC
- Registration with clinical officer’s council with Current Practicing license is mandatory
- 3 years’ experience in a busy health facility
- Basic HIV training/ experience
- Ability to : Take medical history of the patient, Perform a thorough physical examination, Order appropriate investigations, Make correct diagnosis, Prescribe and treat and Do patient follow-up
- Perform minor surgical procedures
- Adopting practical approaches
- Inviting feedback
- Making decisions
- Meeting timescales
- Interacting with people
- Taking action
- Following procedures
- Upholding standards
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, email@example.com or drop their hard copies at our Head Office in Kibera, Gatwekera.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SHOFCO is an equal opportunity employer and employment is subject to Child Protection standards including appropriate background checks and adherence to our Child Protection Policy.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: SHOFCO does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process. We therefore advise the general public to exercise due diligence when applying for employment.