Who We Are:
The hospital was started in 1909 by the Church of Scotland. It is owned and governed by the Presbyterian Church of East Africa. It is located in the Central Highlands of Kenya between the Aberdares Range and Mount Kenya 130 Km (80 Miles) North of Nairobi at an altitude of 5,900ft. It is a 203-bed hospital and provides holistic health care. Though located in a Kikuyu speaking people, the language of work is English and Swahili since not all staff are Kikuyu and from time to time it receives visitors from overseas. Medical students from abroad get their medical electives at the Hospital.
It provides general health care in medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics, and gynecology as well as outpatient services.
The hospital has a Nursing School which is training Kenya Registered Community Health Nurses. Other units are the Guest House and a Cafeteria.
- Manage the OPD / Emergency / Ward and assist the medical doctors
- Accompany medical doctors/ consultants on IPD Ward rounds
- In the absence of the Consultant – Pay timely visits to In – patients and treat the patients along the indicated line of treatment
- Conduct medical procedures under supervision after getting the consent from the medical doctor.
- Implementation of Quality protocols in patient care
- Complete and correct documentation of patient files & records
- Check and authorize all diagnostic requisition slips.
- Ensure that emergency medicines are available in Pharmacy, ICU and IP Ward.
- Monitor the Nursing care – Proper Medication, timely vitals recording etc
- Inspect maintenance of the hospital while on Duty
- Attend emergencies ensuring that the doctors are informed and proper consultation done for the best outcome.
- Providing the information regarding the patient’s condition to his/her next of kin as per protocol
- Check the diet chart, medicine chart, vitals chart frequently
- Coordinate with all nursing/Paramedical & non-medical staff of the department to maintain a high standard of medical care to the patients.
- Seek for necessary approval and pre-authorization as per hospital guidelines
- Involve in cost optimization measures by management
- Help management in sealing revenue leakages and pilferage
- Discuss your discrepancies regarding any process gap, immediately with Medical admin and then to Hospital administrator to ensure smooth flow of operations
- Perform other activities /duties assigned by Clinical officer In charge
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants should send their applications to:
The Hospital Administrator,
P.C.E.A Tumutumu Hospital,
Private Bag – 10101,
Or send your application attaching the necessary testimonials via email to email@example.com or call 0720 948474