Network Support Engineer Job at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced professional and innovative individual who is excellent with all things Network in IT. If you are good at problem solving, prioritizing and multi-tasking with a keen eye for detail and the dedication to supporting our company’s IT infrastructure, then this is a job for you.
Reporting to the Head – Network & Infrastructure Support, the Network Support Engineer will be charged with the responsibility of developing, coordinating, and maintaining the corporate data network and disaster recovery to ensure uptime and business continuity. As the successful candidate, you will document ICT infrastructure and manage the entire inventory, analyze network security needs, and assist in developing standards, guidelines and statements of direction for corporate ICT system architectures.
Roles for the Network Support Engineer Job
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Manage performance of ICT Infrastructure and applications to ensure that the systems work as designed and perform consistently and reliably in order to meet Business SLAs.
- Monitor ICT Infrastructure performance including SNMP, logs, events and maintenance of general systems health in order to provide proactive remedial support.
- Develop and maintain device access, control policies, data transmission policies, storage policies, Business continuity policies, backup policies, security policies, monitoring profiles, technologies and notification rules that match compliance best practice expectations.
- Plan and implement timely product upgrades, firewall signature updates and patch releases for all ICT assets
- Research and evaluate external technical trends & developments and evolving industry standards concerning technologies affecting networks, security, client/server and other platforms and their application to business systems. Research local and international technology trends in business to improve system performance, security and functionality.
- Define and document the various architecture components, including hardware platform, operating system, execution, development, operation, distribution and technologies related to networking systems.
- Install, support and maintain hardware and software infrastructure, attend to system failures and resolve/coordinate resolution of issues.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with vendors, consultants and other outside entities providing services to the bank. Negotiate contracts and appropriately monitor performance of their services.
- Be the custodian of all remote authentication passwords for all connections to the corporate Network Infrastructure and ensure minimal external threat to information resources.
- Manage internal staff and external vendors to ensure that services are delivered promptly with an aim of obtaining zero interruption to business operations.
Network Support Engineer Job Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or an IT related field from a recognized university with possession of Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is a must.
- Wide Networking and project management experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in planning, systems analysis, design, support and development of LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- A specialist in IT/ Engineering background with competences in Networking, Engineering, Power systems and good project management/consulting skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead or facilitate mission critical projects and to develop, participate in and lead multi-disciplinary work teams.
- Extensive experience in systems planning, design, development, maintenance and troubleshooting with a track record of accomplishment in large, complex WANs, LANs and client/server based systems.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number NSE/SSD/2018 by 25th July, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.