Commis Chef Jobs, Chef Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Lavington Hotel Jobs
Responsible for preparing food products of the highest quality in terms of freshness, taste, and consistency, with strict adherence to food and health guidelines and in accordance with the policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of all Kitchen equipment and ensure they are used only as intended.
- Understand, comply, and administer principals of law relating to food service establishments including but not limited to nutrition, sanitation, safety, employment law, fire, and health code regulations.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare and cook food according to the recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Prepare cold foods according to the recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow the Head Chef’s/Sous Chef’s instructions.
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Stock inventory appropriately.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with team members and customers
- Acquire a working knowledge of hotel, in-house facilities and local information to respond to guest questions in these areas as required.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- To read and understand the hotel’s Employee Handbook and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Adhere to hotel grooming, personal hygiene and uniform standard as per the guidelines.
- Adhere to the daily checklists and notify management of any discrepancies.
- Adhere to scheduled work times by reporting promptly as scheduled.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as and when required.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Head Chef/Food & Beverage Manager.
- Represent the department or group in various committees, e.g. Staff committees, Green Theme (environmental), or Sport committees.
- Be trained as a Fire Marshal and/ First Aider and an on the job trainer
- Skills and Other Competencies
- Able to read, write, and speak in English
- Basic computation skills.
- Customer service oriented with a positive can do attitude.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Have a high degree of emotional intelligence and a high level of self-confidence.
- Be able to remain rational and calm under pressure.
- Be able to work under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold), under variable noise levels, outdoors/indoors, around fumes and/or odor hazards, around pest hazards, around chemicals, and with bio-hazardous materials.
- Be able to stand or walk for an extended period.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 kilograms without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- High school graduate or equivalent experience.
- Culinary Arts Diploma/Certification
- Knowledge of current food trends and best practices is a plus.
- Minimum one year experience preparing food in the following methods is required: roast, broil, braise, sauté, fry and grill (including breakfast items.
- Minimum one year experience working in a food production and/or line capacity is required.
- Minimum one year experience in a high volume hot production operation is required. Formal culinary training may substitute at an equivalent rate.
- Minimum one year experience in basic cooking techniques and skills, such as knife skills, basic cuts, and all cooking methods is required.
- Minimum one year experience in using/operating basic culinary equipment