Commissioner For Cooperative Development Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.166,780 – Ksh.322,040 p.m. (CSG 4)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable/Local Agreement
- a minimum service period of eighteen (18) years and currently serving in the grade of Deputy Commissioner for Co-operative Development, CSG 6 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce, Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Sociology, Law, Agricultural Economics, Co-operative Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management and Organizational Development, Finance or Agri-business from a university recognized Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Sociology, Law, Agricultural Economics, Co-operative Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management and Organizational Development, Finance or Agri-business from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence and a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and an ability to relate them to proper management of the Co-operative Movement.
The Commissioner for Cooperative Development will be the head of the Technical
Department and responsible to the Principal Secretary for all issues relating to cooperative legislation and related statutes, their interpretation, application and implications.
The specific duties and responsibilities at this level will include: –
- effective coordination of activities of the co-operative technical services;
- overseeing formulation and implementation of co-operative policies, legislation and programmes;
- spearheading formulation and implementation of policies and strategies related to the co-operative sector;
- setting long-term goals for the development of co-operative movement;
- developing linkages with development partners and other relevant stakeholders within the co-operative sector nationally, regionally and internationally;
- identifying and acting on impediments and constraints to the implementation of policies and programmes;
- securing and managing financial support for development plans; and
- designing and implementing well prioritized and competitive programmes.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019