Communications & Outreach Officer Jobs, Communication Jobs, IPOA Jobs
Reports to Head, Communications and Outreach and work under the guidance of a Senior Communications and Outreach Officer.
- Maintaining up to date website and other social media tools;
- Use audio-visual tools including cameras and videos to generate content;
- Receipt and distribution of mails;
- Assist other departments to organize and coordinate communication and outreach activities and events;
- Maintain press summaries and newspaper cuttings;
- Preparing daily media briefs;
- Participating in the preparation of press releases, conferences, supplements and press briefs on the Authority’s programs and activities;
- Maintaining positive Authority’s image;
- Preparing and disseminating the Authority’s magazine and newsletters;
- Assisting in preparing and organizing forums where authority policies, programmes and projects can be propagated and promoted;
- Participating in corporate social responsibility and public education programmes;
- Participating in sensitizing the public on the Authority’s programmes and activities; and
- Participating in the implementation IPOA Communication policy.
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Public Relations/Communications, Mass Communication, Journalism or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer applications.
Required behavioural skills
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Demonstrate high ethical standards;
All applicants MUST attach valid/current clearances from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, online or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position, on both the cover letter and envelope, together with IPOA Employment Application Form (available: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/ ), a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Friday, 12th July, 2019 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Online application portal: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Locals from Turkana County are encouraged to apply for the Complaints Management Officer II position above.
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.