Community Mobilization Officer Job at Jhpiego
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills and we develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures
for women and their families. Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planet’s most disadvantaged people.
The Impact Malaria Project awarded to PSI and managed by a consortium of partners and funded by PMI / USAID, aims to reduce malaria associated morbidity and mortality.
In Kenya the project is led by Jhpiego. Impact Malaria supports malaria diagnosis, case management and prevention of malaria in pregnancy in 8 priority counties: Bungoma, Busia, Kakamega, Vihiga, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya and Kisumu.
We are seeking experienced individuals with excellent management and technical skills, who are team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high-pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities to fill the following positions:
Community Mobilization Officer
Based in Kisumu and Migori
Reporting to the Malaria Technical Advisor (MIP), the Community Mobilization Officer will assist in the development, implementation and management of Impact Malaria community-based activities.
This includes assisting with development of work plans, liaising with relevant ministries staff and County project teams regarding implementation, and management of IM project.
Roles & Responsibilities for the Community Mobilization Officer Job
- Lead in community program coordination and implementation
- Coordinate technical assistance for program implementation
- Assist the Malaria Advisor in the design, implementation, monitoring and assessment of activities
- Write reports, assist in development of annual work plans, project monitoring tracking matrices, target implementation plan and relevant reports as required.
- Work closely with 1M technical and program staff to ensure quality implementation of programs.
- Assist in the development of new program approaches that are linked to related services
Community Mobilization Officer Job Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social sciences or Higher Diploma with extensive experience in community based work or related field is required; additional certifications in health related areas are an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in Health related issues.
- Experience working with MOH systems and personnel
- Knowledgeable in material development and review as well as trainee follow up
- Experience managing programs covering Malaria and other communicable diseases
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal, written and presentation.
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Suite-Word, Excel, PowerPoint
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address: HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org by 28th September 2018.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.