Who We Are:
Toyota Kenya Limited is the sole distributor and service provider of Toyota, Yamaha, Hino and Case IH brands in Kenya. Our Head Office is in Nairobi and we have branches in Mombasa, Eldoret, Kisumu and Lodwar. We also have regional dealer representation in Nyeri, Nanyuki, Nakuru, Kericho, Meru, Kitale, Kakamega, Naivasha, Malindi and Voi. TKL is owned 100% by Toyota Tshusho Corporation [TTC]; the trading arm of Toyota Motor Group [TMC].
The Compliance and Ethics Officer will work with the Manager to assist in the development and implementation of the TKEN Compliance Management Framework. Development of the Corporate Compliance Register. Carrying out of Compliance Gap Assessment including compliance with the laws, regulations, policies, DOA, SOPs and Contractual Obligations. In addition, the Compliance and Ethics Officer shall ensure the effective roll-out of the Global Code of Conduct & Ethics (COCE) to all TKEN staff and key third parties.
- Assist the manager in the development and implementation of TKEN Corporate Compliance Framework.
Maintain the TKEN domestic and international legal and regulatory compliance register and heat maps to identify any compliance gaps for the organization.
- Ensure controls are in place to minimize the likelihood of non-compliance including conducting compliance tests in high-risk areas.
- Monitor legal and regulatory changes and work with the manager to appropriately advice TKEN on the impact of regulatory changes.
- Work with the manager to handle instances of non-compliance with reporting to senior management and the board.
- Train staff on key compliance requirements.
- Conduct training and create awareness of the Global Code of Conduct including the promotion of ethical practices and standards.
- Maintain the TKEN compliance reporting systems.
- Provide assistance in the developing and updating policies, and procedures by enforcing document standards.
Coordinate with all departments to ensure each department has an SOP in place which is approved by the MD and the board.
- Assist in the rollout and training of staff on key SOP requirements.
- Perform periodic process walkthrough to ensure compliance to approved SOPs.
- Review all contracts and SLAs before being signed by TKEN to ensure any compliance risks are identified and managed.
- Checking compliance with the DOA.
- Conduct contract and SLAs compliance testing especially for high value & sensitive contracts and SLAs.
- Handle any regulatory queries and reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution preferably in Law, Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Engineering, or any other relevant degree
- CPA(K) or ACCA
- Additional training in risk/compliance/internal audit/ethics would be an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a corporate environment preferably with duties relating to either compliance, audit, ethics, risk or governance.
– Computer literacy
– Ability to work with large volumes of information
– Understanding of SOP and contract compliance checks
– Ability to interpret information
– Attention to detail
– Interpersonal and good communication skills
– Able to meet deadlines
– Able to run multiple projects at the same time
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.