Compliance Officer Jobs, Finance Jobs, Sheer Logic Jobs
Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for Compliance Officer Position for one of our clients
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
The Compliance function is responsible for instituting, implementing and monitoring Risk and compliance processes across the group to ensure compliance with relevant compliance requirements and company policies in the jurisdictions where we operate.
This role will be responsible for the operational monitoring of the Group’s compliance processes to provide assurance to the Executive Management Committee on the adequacy of and compliance to Governance, Risk and compliance processes instituted within the organization.
Activities (Detailed KPIs)
- Responsible for the operational implementation and adherence to the Group Enterprise Risk management framework across all functions
- Follow up with Group functional teams and teams to ensure their respective Risk Registers are kept up to date and the ERM calendar as defined in the policy is adhered to
- Review and maintain documentary evidence for audit purposes on the Group’s compliance to the ERM framework
- Support teams in the process of preparing their Risk Registers and Risk Reporting deck to their Board Audit committee
- Progress monitoring and reporting of mitigations actions for all identified risks
- Support the Chief Compliance officer in the consolidation of the Group’s Risk Register and preparation of the Risk Reporting deck for the Executive management committee and the Board Audit Committee
- Carry out compliance monitoring activities to review compliance to the company’s anti-bribery and anti-corruption policy (ABAC) including gift reporting and maintenance of gift registers at group &, relevant expense line monitoring on ERP, review and act on exceptions from the Oracle GRC system etc.
- Monthly Completion of the Transparency International’s “adequate procedures” checklist to measure to determine the company’s level of compliance to the UK bribery Act
- Maintain the Related Party Register, Sponsorship / Donation registers, Gift Registers, conflict of Interest register etc. for the Group
- Track and monitor compliance by all employees within the Group to the annual Code of Conduct and Ant-bribery certification
- Work with SCM to track vendor compliance to the annual Code of Conduct and anti-bribery certification
- Perform routine and ad-hoc compliance monitoring activities to identify cases on non-compliance to the company’s policies at Groups.
- Work with respective functional teams to implement corrective actions to mitigate any compliance exceptions identified
- Ensure adequate documentation for all compliance processes to support any oversight or audit reviews
- Support the Chief Compliance officer in the quarterly management compliance certificate process and reporting of all deviations
- Perform ad-hoc activities which may be assigned from time to time
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are very critical
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work independently and within tight time frames
- Good operational knowledge of Risk management & internal control frameworks
- Experience in designing and performing Compliance monitoring and testing review is essential
- University Degree in Finance, Law or related discipline
- Experience in Governance, Risk & Compliance will be an advantage
- Professional qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, CISA, CISM, CRMA, CIA, CRISC etc. is desirable
How to Apply
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th October 2019. Clearly indicate the job title.