The role is responsible for active risk management and controls, leading this vital agenda across the business and ensuring process excellence. Critical leadership role in the implementation of global initiatives such as IFRS 16 as well as further initiatives to eliminate, simplify or automate transactional finance work in partnership with other functions. In addition, the role oversees internal audit; Self review, Financial Controls Assessment (FCA) and Corporate audits.
- Risk Management
- Lead risk identification across the business
- Drive business to ensure the controls are designed and operated adequately to mitigate key risks.
- Risk Identification; Orchestrate creation of a view of unit’s key risks
- Risk Mitigation; Drive effective risk governance
- Ensure ownership across the business for all key risks
- Ensure review of the effectiveness of risk mitigation activities
- Use business knowledge to challenge; adequacy of control design and effectiveness of control operations
- Drive Compliance and Audits
- Hold employees accountable for operating financial controls outside of unit responsibility
- Ensures that all GFCF controls under unit responsibility are operated
- Seeks assurance from Operating Centres that all other GFCF controls are operating
- Proactively seeks exceptions from GCAD if not applying some controls
- Completes FCA testing requirements as determined by GCAD
- Owns ‘Living the Model’ compliance
Accounting qualification preferably BCOM or similar accounting qualification with experience in Financial, Controls and Audit/Accounting.
CPA (K) and Audit experience advantageous.
How To Apply:
Apply by registering your details on the Unilever Website.