Conveyancing Advocate Job at Dorbe-Leit
Our client is one of the leading Law firm committed to providing excellent legal service in Criminal Law, Banking & Finance, Aviation Law, Corporate & Company Law, Conveyancing & Alternative Disputes Resolution.
Are you an aggressive Litigation Advocate who is confident, ambitious, resourceful and good with legal matters? Are you interested in being part of a team focused towards transforming the legal sector in Kenya and beyond the East African region? If so, then this is the job you are looking for.
Our client would like to fill the position of a Conveyancing Advocate who will be reporting to the Managing Partner.
Responsible for handling a variety of complex assigned legal matters within the conveyancing department. Applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge. May provide functional advice or training to less experienced advocates.
Conveyancing Advocate Job Responsibilities
- Provide legal opinion on matters relating to property & real estate.
- Offer advice to clients on the legal processes involved in purchasing & selling of property.
- Work to protect the interest of clients & ensure they are protected against fraud money laundering activities.
- Conduct research to identify legal ownership of properties by assessing government land registry documents or title deeds if the land is not registered to anyone.
- Prepare property lease agreements & ensure contracts are signed on the scheduled date of transfer.
- Oversee the fast-tracking & diligent handling of all client matters before the Lands Registry, Local Authorities, Survey of Kenya & National Lands Commission.
- Drafting legal documents.
- Liaising with clients and key stakeholders such as the mortgage lenders, estate agents, land valuers and surveyors.
- Researching information and communicating with clients.
- Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements.
Requirements for the Conveyancing Advocate Job
- LLB Degree from a recognised University
- Must hold the most current Practising Certificate as an Advocate of the High court of Kenya.
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a busy Conveyancing department preferably with a top tier law firm is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of conveyancing, court rules & land registry procedures.
- Must have hands on experience in interpretation & application of legal texts, statutes, rules & regulations.
- A proven track record in handling conveyancing work from tier 1 banks in Kenya is highly desirable.
Competencies and Skills required
- Broad base of legal practice experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, research & analytical skills.
- Demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills
- Developed interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and work diplomatically with clients and individuals at all levels across the Firm
- Ability to foster positive relationships with all individuals across the Firm
- Must have high moral integrity and character
- Highly organized and good time management skills
- PC and other relevant technology competencies (e.g., Microsoft applications)
- Focused on performance and results
- Poised to work under pressure with very little supervision
- Focused and inquisitive learner, proactively pursues opportunities to build expertise and skills
- Desire and ability to learn from and confer on an ongoing basis with other Advocates of the Firm when the handling matters with a view to continuously developing professional knowledge and expertise;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and focus
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke on the vacancy page before close of business 17th October 2018.Only successful candidates will be contacted.