Cook Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Hospitality Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi, Corporate Staffing Services Jobs
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Prepare high quality food, garnish, portion, arrange, garnish and serve food to waiters or patrons to the specification of the clients or general guidelines.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption and cooking as necessary.
- Set up workstations with all the needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Follow recipes, portion controls, and ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before serving.
- Restock all items as needed throughout the shift and ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested and directed by the immediate supervisor
- Work at an efficient and consistent pace
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly according to standards and procedures, cleaning surfaces, performing any other additional sanitary measure
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages or when required
- Diploma from a reputable and recognized college/university.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Proven work experience as a cook.
- Two years’ experience is desirable.
- Ability to work in a team as well as good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the specific job title that you are applying for on the email subject (Cook) to email@example.com before 5th June 2019. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.