Cooperative Audit Jobs, Audit Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic salary Scale Ksh.98,500 p.m. – 166,780 p.m- (CSG6)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- a minimum service period of fifteen (15) years currently serving in the grade of Assistant Director of Co-operative Audit, CSG 7 or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, or Cooperative Management from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/ Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Auditing, Business Administration or Cooperative Management from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- been a registered member of any of the following professional bodies:-Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA); and
- demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance and exhibited a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to the co-operative audit function.
An officer at this level may head a Division or an Audit Region. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- organizing, coordinating, controlling and supervising operations of a Division or an Audit Region;
- verifying and compiling final audit reports/queries on societies’ financial statements;
- carrying out audit inspections of societies records, preparing inspection reports and implementation of recommendations;
- developing, preparing and reviewing Division/Region audit programmes and work plans;
- certifying Co-operative societies final accounts and providing their interpretation;
- presenting and reading audited financial statements to co-operative members during their Annual General Meetings (AGMs); and
- be responsible for staff supervision, development and appraisal in the Division.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019