Cooperative Audit Jobs, Audit Jobs, PSC Jobs
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable or Local Agreement – Contract
Basic salary Scale Ksh. 132,000 p.m. rising to 195, 410 p.m (CSG 5)
- a minimum service period of fifteen (15) years and currently serving in the grade of Deputy Director for Cooperative Audit, Grade CSG 6 or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration or Cooperative Management from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/ Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Auditing, Business Administration or Co- operative Management from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- been a registered member of any of the following professional bodies:-Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA);
- demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance and exhibited a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to the co-operative audit function.
The Director of Co-operative Audit will be answerable to the Principal Secretary responsible for Co-operative Development and Marketing for policy formulation, planning, organizing, directing, co-coordinating and controlling the Co-operative Audit Services. Duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- setting and maintaining professional audit standards for Co-operative Audit;
- developing and issuing co-operative audit manuals and guidelines;
- certifying annual audit co-operative societies’ accounts;
- ensuring provision of continuous and compliance audit; registering audited societies’ accounts;
- collecting and accounting for Appropriation-in-Aid;
- offering tax consultancy to co-operative societies;
- overseeing and ensuring preparation and implementation of strategic objectives; and
- overseeing finances and assets management of the department;
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019