Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence-informed solutions and interventions to address existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of VMMC – QA/QC COORDINATOR
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the VMMC Technical Advisor, the VMMC QA/QC Coordinator will ensure efficient management and coordination of the quality assurance, control and quality improvement of VMMC activities in line with the WHO standards to ensure achievement of quality surgical outcomes and client safety at CHS-supported facilities and allied venues as specified in the National guidelines (Static, Mobile and Outreach models)within the County. He/she will also be responsible for coordination of VMMC trainings and mentorship alongside the county VMMC Calendar in accordance to the planned long-term VMMC sustainability plan.
- Continuously implement and monitor program quality assurance and control activities to ensure compliance to ensure National guidelines and SOPs are available at the sites and routinely monitors compliance by the surgical teams through a shared monthly schedule.
- Develop, review and ensure compliance to the internal QA/QC tools and checklist.
- In liaison with the TA, prepare and operationalise surgical staff training needs assessment.
- Plan and conduct relevant surgical trainings and mentorship to the MOH clinical staff according to the national and county training requirements.
- Continuously verify quality of all VMMC consumables and equipment and ensure timely servicing to maintain quality and effectiveness.
- Support on sight coaching on inventory management of VMMC commodities, emergency preparedness and the WHO VMMC minimum package of services.
- Work closely with the Program and Sub County staffs to enhance compliance to injection safety and health care waste management.
- Continuously evaluate the CME and surgical mentorship schedules activities for the program and play a lead role in capacity building activities such as didactic trainings, CMEs and CSMs to CHS Program Officers and Ministry of Health (MoH) staff in supported facilities.
- Evaluate sub county VMMC steering committee meetings, county QA meetings and quarterly VMMC sites supervisions.
- Continuously develop and review system to eliminate adverse events.
- Represent the program in all VMMC QA meetings related to the program within the County and other areas of coverage
- Preventing, managing and documentation of AES review and ensure compliance to the internal QA/QC tools and checklist
- Coordinate and schedule on sight quantification, forecasting and monitoring usage of VMMC commodities and supplies through strengthening usage of VMMC commodities and supplies monitoring tools.
- Prepare quarterly VMMC activity reports, work plans
- Work closely with the VMMC TA, the Program and Sub County staffs to document and disseminate best practices and lesson learnt
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree in Clinical Medicine or Nursing.
- Masters of Public Health is desirable.
- VMMC Trainer of Trainees (TOT) in VMMC, EIMC, Devices
- Trained and certified as a Service provider in all MC areas.
- At least 5 years experience in VMMC and at least 2 years in VMMC coordination, QA/Mentorship and trainings.
How To Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as VMMC –QA/QC Coordinator,by 5.00PM Friday, January 18, 2019.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.