Corporate Sales Executive Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs, Insurance Jobs, Britam Kenya Jobs
Corporate Sales Executive – Micro Insurance Business – (1900004B)
The job holder provides sales related support to the assigned distribution channels and direct business.
- Assist in sourcing of business opportunities for Micro insurance business
- Manage relationships with clients, brokers and partners
- Participate in conducting market intelligence and initiate proactive and reactive business growth and retention initiatives
- Assist Head of Business Development to gather marketing intelligence and statistics to facilitate development of strategies to give the company a competitive advantage in Micro insurance space
- Participate in product development life cycle
- Follow up on incentives for channels to ensure they are correctly processed and paid on time
- Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix
- Bachelors’ degree in a business related field, post-graduate qualifications in marketing would be an added advantage
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, AIIK)
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in sales preferably in the insurance and/or financial services industry
- Training on sales and marketing;
- A high degree of maturity and self-drive;
- Capacity in sales management and in building business relationships;
- Adequate leadership and communication skills.
- Emerging Leaders Competency Descriptions.
- Presenting and Communicating Information – Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
- Working with People – Shows respect for the views and contributions of team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and pro-actively shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values – Upholds and encourages ethical behaviour and departmental values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organizational values during every day interactions.
- Analysing – Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system / process / problem.
- Planning and Organizing – Adheres to and monitors clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Deciding and Initiating Action – Takes responsibility for own, as well as subordinates’ actions and projects; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; introduces improvements into work processes; handles problems with minimal guidance.
- Leading and Supervising – Provides subordinates with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; provides subordinates with the relevant coaching; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; identifies high potential talent; sets and articulates the departmental vision and values through own personal behaviour; sets appropriate standards of behaviour.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts – Works strategically to realize personal goals; understands and effectively communicates the departmental strategy; translates the departmental strategy and vision into operational responsibilities; takes into consideration departmental strategy during all tasks; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to current role.
- Applying Expertise and Technology – Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
- Following Instructions and Procedures – Challenges authority only when appropriate; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates a commitment to the organization; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adapting and Responding to change – Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Knowledge of micro insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of micro insurance products
- Sales and marketing management skills
How to Apply