Corporation Secretary Jobs, Legal Jobs, KLDC Jobs
JOB GRADE KLDC 3 (1 Position)
Job Ref No.: KLDC/008/2019
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Preparing Board Minutes and Papers, Resolutions, Action Points and Reports in a timely manner and ensuring their circulation.
- Advising the Council on various legal matters and monitoring the compliance of the Council with various regulations issued by the Regulatory Bodies.
- Advising the Council and coordination with the functional areas in relation to various legal requirements which must be complied with and the legal obstacles which must be overcome in order to obtain the Council’s targeted results.
- Overseeing and managing compliance issues within the Council.
- Responsible for the timely release of legal advice to assist the Council in making an informed decision.
- Ensuring timely compliance with rules and regulations affecting the Council, including the Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Attending to all legal matters of the Council including advising, vetting and drafting of legal agreements in relation to the Council’s operations.
- Liaising with the functional units on queries or legal matters that should arise that relate to the Council’s affairs.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years work experience, at least three (3) of which should be in a management position in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Have a Bachelor of Laws Degree from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Have a postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education.
- Be admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Have a certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Be a Certified Public Secretary (K) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution.
- Demonstrate competence in work performance.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates’ Profile and Application Form (from the ‘Vacancies’ section at www.leathercouncil.go.ke) indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID. Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University.