Cost Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi, Lee & Myles Jobs
Our client an FMCG manufacturing company and is looking to hire an experienced person in the role of a Cost Accountant for their facility in Nairobi.
The person will be responsible for costing direct labor, raw materials and product costs to ensure that each product line meets the set gross margins. You will also ensure daily (and periodic) physical production counts and investigate variances that may arise.
Salary: Ksh 60,000 – 90,000
- To supervise and cost day to day material and labour utilization.
- Prepare accurate weekly and monthly production costs for management use.
- To reconcile production costs/accounts products by providing explanation for the variance.
- To maintain a daily production record that should agree with inventory and daily sales.
- To ensure financial controls are in place across the factory and are adhered to by all managers.
- To mobilize for, coordinate and participate in stock counts – both cyclic, and monthly.
- To assist in manufacturing budget preparation and measure against subsequent performance.
- To prepare and validate product costing for new products.
- To participate in pre and post product evaluation in conjunction with the sales team.
- To prepare CAPEX applications, validation of costs and benefits, manage subsequent spending and post implementation review.
- To work closely with production and engineering managers to ensure that systems are comparable, stock levels, machine usage and final products are as planned.
- To ensure that all invoices and credit motes are accurate and relevant as per orders.
- To ensure that product reconciliations are completed and any variances explained/investigated and appropriate action taken.
- To maintain internal control documentation and test control systems to ensure they are working at all times.
- To collaborate closely with process owners to identify cost saving opportunities based on the production objectives.
- To carry out analysis of data and present it in actionable form for management decision making.
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance or Business Management
- CPA(K) or equivalent
- 5 years working experience as a cost accountant in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent use of Excel. Working knowledge with Advanced Excel will be an advantage.
- Experience using ERP system in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent analytical skills, including knowledge using appropriate tools to scientifically analyze data and present it in form of dashboards, charts etc for decision making.
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria set above and is interested in this position, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting “COST ACCOUNTANT” on the email subject line. Your application should reach us on or before 20th July 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.