Cost Controller Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Lavington Hotel Jobs
The incumbent will monitor OPEC, the F&B costs and inventory in all F&B outlets in accordance with the hotels policies, procedures, and standards laid out by Management to ensure maximum internal and external customer
- Evaluate & compare suppliers’ products & services, maintaining accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Regularly inspect & test supplier products
- Communicate company needs to suppliers & maintain good relationships with them
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers. Ensure the company has all relevant information regarding all suppliers.
- Liaise with Marketing & Operations to understand upcoming promotions, accurately forecast upcoming levels of demand & monitor to ensure no stock outs.
- Ensure purchases are within the working capital budget
- Maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels in the warehouse and ensure we keep accurate utilisation rates
- Maintain product costs & master data on the products held & required by the company.
- On a monthly basis, review and analyze inventory and margin / transfer price reports and forward to Finance Manager for further action.
- Co-ordinate monthly & cycle physical inventory counts for the commissary
- Investigate physical count variances and resolve issues
- Ensure all damaged, obsolete & expired inventory held in the warehouse is reported to management in a timely manner.
- Monitor the duration & usage of inventory, ensuring par levels are always kept.
- Ensure accurate & timely inventory reports are prepared & shared with the management.
- Establish and implement inventory policies and procedures
- Ensure proper documentation maintained for transfer orders to stores
- Ensure recipes & assemblies are accurately maintained in Accounting system
- Support and participate in end of year audit
- Empowered to take decisions regarding upholding quality standards of products.
- Work with the management team to champion performance improvement via identifying and executing appropriate initiatives and proposals
- Set the ideal safety stock and re-order levels and sign off Local Purchase Orders
- Responsible for Management and implementation of store & stock control systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Finance or related fields
- Professional certification – Procurement, CPA or ACCA.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Having worked in Hotel, Restaurant or Food industry will be an added advantage
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Decision making &Collaborative skills
- Should have strong negotiation, managerial and communications skills.