Country Director Jobs, Director Jobs, Jobs In Uganda, Corporate Staffing Services Jobs
Our client is a growing farming company looking to hire a Country Director in Uganda who will lead the implementation of our operations and champion their growth in Uganda with frequent travel to our field offices in Northern Uganda.
Title: Country Director – Uganda
Gross salary: Competitive
He/ She will lead the execution, keep us on track and push us forward, evolve their culture as needed, building the team and individuals, keeping everyone motivated and focused. He/ She will also sharpen their business model in a largely unexplored market, spearhead an agile experimentation mindset as they implement strategic initiatives while working with the senior leadership team to build a smooth consistent execution machine.
- Work with the Regional Manager towards credit performance targets being met, including both sales numbers as well as quality of the loan portfolio.
- Liaise closely with the Head of Operations to drive a culture of improvement, efficiency, and effectiveness in all areas and processes.
- Keep impact metrics top of mind and work to ensure that all of the outputs are focused on increasing income for our farming customers.
- Lead market exploration for new branch (es) as well as a new region to expand into by 2021.
- Rally the team behind expansion and growth efforts, ensuring that people are motivated and excited by our developments.
- Work with the Operations Director on building out processes and systems that allow for, or even encourage, replication of branches and regions.
- Preparing for growth across the country, move the headquarters from the field (Gulu) to Kampala (a centralized location), ensuring we maintain a fun and cohesive team culture and thinking through how it will affect team dynamics, logistics, and oversight of performance.
- Work closely with the CEO to develop strategies for the achievement of our vision.
- Work with the CEO to think through and refine key strategic initiatives that will ensure they moves towards scalability and profitability.
- Lead quarterly in-country planning processes and work with the CEO on the annual planning process.
- Keep abreast with trends, evolving realities and needs in the sector and raise opportunities to the CEO and Senior Leadership Team
- Role model and spearhead an enabling team leadership and performance management style that trickles down to build an effective culture across all offices.
- Act as the chief culture officer, making sure that the team embodies their values and everyone is aligned to the company culture.
- Oversee HR within Uganda, including ensuring all key positions are filled, managers are supported, and the organizational structure is consistently revisited to maintain effectiveness.
- Have at least 10-12 years of professional experience with at least 5-7 years in leadership positions
- At least in one of your last roles you had experience in a fast-growing company, and you were part of the critical thinking needed to achieve the growth.
- At least three years of experience in an impact-driven environment, preferably in a rural or field environment.
- Demonstration of past results leading in uncertain environments and know how to promote adaptability, agility and lead people through change.
- Have managed team leaders before, enabling them to get the desired results through their teams.
- Have a background in business and a naturally strong business acumen.
- Able to push boundaries and strive for top results. Able to motivate a team to achieve and surpass set goals.
- Are solution-oriented and look at problems as opportunities to overcome. You are resilient and can inspire the team through moments of adversity.
- Believe that markets are made to be disrupted and can think creatively of new ways to fill a market gap.
- Have had responsibility for a significant budget, including taking decisions for investment and re-allocations.
- Preferably have: experience with farmers and/or agriculture.
- Preferably have: experience in financial services to serve those excluded.
- Passionate about social impact and improving the lives of those in the last mile.
- An MBA or Masters in Economics is an added advantage.
How to Apply