Our client is in the retail business and they seek to hire a Country Manager who will have the overall responsibility for one of their East Africa subsidiary offices. He/She should be willing to work outside Kenya but within East Africa. She/he will be responsible for meeting the company’s ambitious growth plans and maximizing its profits.
Location: Within East Africa
Salary: Competitive based on experience
We are looking for a Country Manager who is capable of delivering high-quality service in a consistent and consultative manner to all levels of staff and departments. He/She will be responsible for overseeing and improving the overall processes and policies e.g. procurement and delivery of the goods to the various outlets. He/She should be familiar with KPIs from Retail business and experienced in implementing the necessary control mechanisms.
- Lead the further development of the company’s business model and ensure sustainability and growth
- Responsible for the company’s strategic alliances and partnerships
- Building and maintaining an effective management team
- Direct the activities and productivity of the organization
- Successful implementation of company policies
- Set strategic priorities for all departments
- Ensure smooth and efficient operations of the organization
- Assume full responsibility for budgets and tracking expenditures
- Develop, establish and regularly adapt the company’s strategy and business plan in coordination with the department heads and in accordance with the holding
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics or related field of study. An MBA will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years’ work experience, preferably in a renown wholesale/retail company
- Experience in analyzing retail relevant data and setting up relevant KPIs for a retail business
- Familiar with inventory controls and other control mechanisms for managing multiple outlets and warehouses
- Outstanding management skills
- Experience in developing/emerging markets; preferable a high level of intercultural competence
- Dynamic personality with the ability to take initiative to make a difference and eager to achieve high targets
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and coach teams
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English. Knowledge of a second language will be an added advantage.