County Budget Coordinator Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Finance Jobs, Office of the Controller of Budget Jobs
Grade COB 6
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
Reporting to the Chief Fiscal Analyst – County Governments, the officer will be responsible for analyzing performance of county government budgets and preparation of periodic and special reports. Qualified persons from Siaya, Embu, Kajiado, Kericho, Kirinyaga, Makueni, Samburu and Wajir Counties are encouraged to apply.
- Day to day running and management of the County Office;
- Analyze the performance of county government budgets;
- Organize public participation programs to disseminate information on budget implementation in the counties;
- Prepare monthly reports on withdrawals from the County Revenue Fund;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and special reports on implementation of the budgets of the County Governments;
- Analyse monthly expenditure returns from the county governments and report on utilization of funds;
- Verify supporting documents for withdrawal of funds from County Revenue Funds and process all requisitions for exchequer requests;
- Analyze county government budgets by sector, sub-sector, economic classification, programs and projects and prepare reports as necessary;
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Chief Fiscal Analyst – County Governments
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Commerce or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Must have at least Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Part II or its equivalent;
- Must have at least three (3) years relevant work experience from a reputable organization;
- A Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Commerce or its equivalent from a recognized university will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Personal Attributes
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Public Finance Management Act, 2012.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
How to Apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, home county, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our Office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget
Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue.
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
So as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 7th MAY, 2019 AT 5.00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.