County Data Analyst Job at National Drought Management Authority
The National Drought Management Authority (NDMA) is a State Corporation established under the National Drought Management Authority Act, 2016.
The Act mandates the Authority to exercise overall coordination over all matters relating to drought risk management and to establish mechanisms, either on its own or with stakeholders that will end drought emergencies in Kenya.
Towards realization of its core mandate, NDMA seeks to recruit various officers as listed below to be based in Nairobi or its various stations in drought-prone ASAL counties.
Job Grade NDMA 6
County Data Analyst Job Responsibilities
Working under the guidance of a senior officer, the duties and responsibilities of a County Data Analyst entails:-
- Data collection and analysis;
- Timely compilation of county drought early warning bulletins;
- Supporting dissemination of drought early warning information to relevant stakeholders with particular emphasis to drought prone communities;
- Supporting bi-annual national and district food security assessments;
- Supporting ad hoc national and county rapid food security assessments and other surveys (nutritional surveys, market surveys, urban vulnerability surveys, etc.);
- Providing information required by all drought management divisions; and
- Effectively monitoring of the drought early warning system.
Requirements for the County Data Analyst Job
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Rural Development Studies, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Environmental Management, Developmental Studies, Agricultural Economics, Community Development, Information Science or Project Planning and Management from a recognized institution; and
- Computer Literacy.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send detailed CVs and testimonials with the reference number and title of the position applied for, clearly indicated in the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications may also be delivered by hand at the Authority’s offices located on the 17th floor of Lonrho House, along Standard Street, Nairobi.
Applications may also be mailed to;
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
NATIONAL DROUGHT MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
P.O. BOX 53547 – 00200
Deadline for submission of applications is November, 02 2018 while the ideal start date is January 2, 2019. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NDMA is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.