County Secretary Jobs, Administration Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
JG ‘T’ (1 POST) Ref: KSM/CPSB/2019/017
The County Secretary will be the head of the County Public Service Board and will be responsible for the following:
- Head of Public Service in the County Government.
- Providing strategic policy direction to improve service delivery in the County Public Service.
- Arranging the business, and keeping the minutes of the County Executive Committee subject to the directions of the executive committee.
- Conveying the decisions of the County Executive Committee to the appropriate persons or authorities and track their implementation.
- Establishing and developing collaboration with national government ministries or departments, partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure efficient management of resources.
- Interpret, disseminate and oversee the implementation of National and County Government policies.
- Coordinate County Government activities.
- Provide direction to public officers in the County.
- Performing any other functions as directed by the Governor and the County Executive Committee.
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a holder of at least first degree in relevant field in Public Administration from a recognized university in Kenya.
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than ten (10) years in a senior in and management, administration in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- A master’s degree or higher academic qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage.
- Have demonstrable leadership and management capacity including knowledge of public financial management and strategic people management.
- Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya, and Devolution Laws.
- Have ability to work in a multi –ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect to diversity.
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet deadline.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the national values and principles of governance as outlined in the articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
- A member of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya CPS (K) or any other relevant Professional body will have an added advantage.
The following core competencies and skills will be required for the position of the County Secretary.
- Knowledge in policymaking, ability to transform vision/manifesto into Government policies and impact understanding of the same to members of staff.
- Institutional development through structures, systems and mechanisms for effective and efficient delivery of service.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate Government policies, programs, projects and intention to the public and stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and set international best practices and standards to guide the delivery of services and development agenda.
- Knowledge of international, national and county specific development goals and obligations and mainstreaming them into the County agenda and hands-on approach to execution of duties.
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.