Credit & Collection Manager Job at Alternate Doors
Our client is in the Tours and Travel industry, currently recruiting a credit manager. The credit manager position is accountable for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
- The Operational requirements of the Credit Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain the Company’s Credit Policy. Assist in developing sound, acceptable credit policies
- Meet set deliverables
- Standardize the manual authorizations process
- Ensure that reviews and requests are dealt with scientifically and timely
- Further and continuously develop the Fraud department
- Identify, draft, develop and implement operational processes, policies and guidelines
- Analyze the performance of existing clients loans and products
- Recommend changes in the Credit Policy to the Credit Directory
- Devise risk management strategies in conjunction with the Managing Director. Create a credit risk management environment of an acceptable quality, in terms of established credit guidelines. Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare report on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolution.
- Reconcile transactions and balances to maintain accurate accounts.
- Initiate credits and adjustments to customer accounts within company policy limits • Check for credit viability on requests for extended terms, and evaluate various adjustments or exception documents
- Submit requests to senior management and supporting documentation for accounts requiring credit lines
- Research and make decisions on finance charges
- Maintain bad debt and bad debt recovery records
- Monitor receivables and collections and provide updates of receivables and provide appropriate reporting procedures
- Identify problem accounts and provide regular updates of receivables to management
- Negotiate payment programs with delinquent customers
- Identify accounts requiring collection agency or legal action and coordinate collections with third party contractors
- Monitor violations of credit policies, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to senior management and suggest actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate
- Develop processes and procedures for evaluating customer financials and setting and changing credit lines/limits, as well as credit holds; implement liens as necessary to major delinquent account as approved
- Generates legal documents used in the credit function
- Monitor the credit granting and updating
- Accept or reject the staff’s credit recommendations. Interact with customers to obtain additional credit information to support credit lines
- Personally investigate the customer credit applications when required
- Keep abreast of best practice methods and trends and recommend to Managing Director
- Monthly reporting (MI) on financial performance to the management team
Management & Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manages four (4) subordinates (credit controllers). The credit manager is responsible for the development and creates an environment to help motivate the subordinate to optimize their performance and professional growth.
- Maintain a department organizational structure sufficient to meet all goals and objectives to include a fail proof succession plan
- Responsible for the full HR function of Credit Vetting Department
- Manage, train, up-skill, motivate, retain and recruit staff
- Measure department performance with appropriate metrics
- Provide for ongoing training of the Credit Vetting and Fraud staff
- Manage relations with Credit Reporting and Fraud agencies
- Five (5) years plus in a credit management function;
- Microsoft Office products and ERP system experience.
- Understands purpose of legal documentation and terms and conditions of the sales and installations contracts of company’s products.
- Knowledge of financial statements and cash flow analysis, industry/market credit research, liens and bonds. Having worked in the Travel, Tourism Industry will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and five plus years related experience Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must have excellent negotiation and problem solving skills. Must have experience in a Government, Parastatal and Corporate Collection environment.
- Detailed knowledge of required documentation and a thorough knowledge of Laws that govern the transactional relationship between the Customer and the Company.
- Knowledge of contract payments in a 70% completion environment essential.
How to Apply
If you would be interested in the above,please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com