Assistant Credit Officer Job at Lanx Africa
Our client, the leading evangelical Christian savings and credit co-operative society in Kenya is looking for competent individuals to join their team as the next Assistant Credit Officers.
Reports to: Credit Officer
- Capture loan applications in the system.
- Analyse applicants’ financial status, credit status and undertake relevant evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, financial statements, guarantors’ information, loan security documents and other financial information.
- Evaluate and advice on client’s ability to pay based on analysis of their finances.
- Obtain credit information from credit institutions and references.
- Undertake business and home visits to validate applications where need arises
- Ensure timely recovery of all disbursed loans.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Ensure that all loan securities/collaterals are perfected, insured and intact.
- Analyse, advice and assist in the recovery of defaulted loans.
- Prepare and submit timely reports and information for decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Co-operative Management/Credit Management/Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance) OR Diploma in Co-operative Management and CPA II
- Computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision is an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- Knowledge in Co-operative and Credit related laws
- A good understanding of Sacco/Microfinance operations
- Team player
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Confident and assertive demeanour
- High degree of accuracy and attentive to details
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Good communication and customer care skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title on the subject line on or before 12th December 2018