Reporting to Principal Billing & Customer Relations Officer the job holder is responsible for identifying customer needs in documentation and billing activities and fulfilling them with to mutual satisfaction. Handling customers’ requests/inquiries related to their accounts, bills & services/tariff matters in a professional manner & serving all customers regardless of segment.
- Managing turnaround time of documents from online lodgement to invoicing in a bid to enhance satisfaction. Identifying training needs and other career-enhancing courses for staff personal development
- Preparing duty rosters and annual leave days for the section/Units, recommending overtime duties to Units/section staff where applicable.
- Ensuring that brochures are up to date and in place. Issuing tariff books and other promotion materials, journals, brochures to both internal and external customers.
- Developing / deepening the relationship with customers and ensuring that customers profiles are updated regularly
- Handling efficiently custody items such as computers/printers in billing/Customer Care sales offices, utility equipment, stock items (invoice/statement stationery, Tariff Books, etc) and facilitating their procurement.
- Exploring new sales areas & way to achieve target
- Preparation & maintaining the sales call report
- Providing after-sales service to customer to ensure Customer Satisfaction
- Providing solution to the customer’s documentation and billing needs.
- Managing the day to day running’s of the Customer Care Centre
- Selling and promoting the Authority’s services through direct and cross selling to achieve financial goals and increase customer base & revenue. Managing groups of assigned customers and prospective accounts.
- Mentoring and coaching staff
- Be a holder of a Bachelors Degree in Commerce or any other Business related field from a recognized institution
- Be a valid member of a recognized professional body and be of good standing
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in providing support in delivery of customer relations services with at least three (3) years served at a managerial level
- Knowledge of Port Operations and/or Maritime Logistics Industry will be an added advantage
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.