The overall purpose of the Customer Service Advisor position is to acquire, grow and deepen customer relationships through excellent service delivery.
This is an entry-level position, key in informing management decisions on the operation of the Centers by the accurate and timely collection of all relevant data on its operations.
- Act as the first point of contact resolution for customers and ensure the delivery of quality service by projecting a professional and warm image.
- Provide accurate, valid, complete and educative information to customers using the right methods, skills, and tools.
- Encourage customers to participate by giving feedback using the provided service quality tools.
- Ensure good housekeeping of the Service Centre and service desks.
- Complete data entry verification tasks for amendment applications.
- Drive revenue growth through participation in targeted campaigns.
- Act as first contact support for the debt collection initiatives.
- Execute activities to identify and register potential taxpayers in order to expand the tax register, improve voluntary compliance and improve revenue collections.
- Educate the customers on their rights, obligations and the need for accurate registration and other compliance needs.
- Conduct taxpayer engagements to increase awareness of taxpayer rights and obligations to enhance voluntary compliance and improve revenue collection
- Follow up potential customers not yet registered through telephone calls, emails and text messages means to get them registered.
- Provide accurate, timely and reliable data collection for management reports.
Escalation & Complaints Management
- Escalate customer issues that need intervention via the recommended channels.
- Record all escalations and complaints.
- Handle complaints & queries by providing appropriate first contact resolutions to customers.
- Ensure adherence to all quality requirements under ISO 9008:2015.
- Ensure adherence to the KRA Service Charter, Customer Service Standards & Policy and work procedure manual.
- Recommend process improvements for process re-engineering and excellent service delivery.
- Prepare periodical reports as required.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- Recent Graduate (Graduated between Jan 2016 and December 2018).
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Numeric, oral and written language applications.
Core Competencies Required
- Communicates clearly and effectively – Listens to others and expresses self clearly, with grammatical accuracy and awareness of a diverse audience in speaking and writing.
- Relates communications to circumstances – Communicates by setting out logical arguments clearly and adapting to language and form of communication to meet the needs of different audiences.
- Is creative and adaptable in communications – Able to use a range of non-standard and creative approaches to inform and persuade others.
- Uses influencing techniques – Uses formal and informal negotiating and motivation techniques to influence others’ behavior and persuade them to think and act differently, while respecting difference of view and culture.
- Influences at the highest level – Influences and manages relationships at the highest levels to build mutual understanding, shape the Kenya Revenue Authority perception.
- Is methodical – Able to plan own work over short timescales for routine or familiar tasks and processes.
- Plans ahead – Organises own work over weeks and months, or plans ahead taking into account priorities and the impact on other people.
Data Analysis & Problem Solving
- Is systematic – Breaks down problems into a list of tasks to be done and decides on appropriate action.
- Uses data – Reviews available data and identifies cause and effect, and then chooses the best solution from a range of known alternatives.
- Analyses patterns – Seeks out and examines a range of information to identify patterns, trends, and options, to solve multifaceted and complex problems.
- Uses resources efficiently – Uses resources efficiently in own role and complies with financial rules and procedures.
- Uses financial systems and processes – Uses corporate financial systems and processes appropriately as part of the job.
- Operates as a basic user of information systems, digital and office technology – Able, with adjustments if necessary, to use office software and Kenya Revenue Authority systems to do the job and manage documents or processes.
- Operates as an advanced user – Works as an advanced practitioner in the use of office software and/or Kenya Revenue Authority standard and social media platforms and trains or coaches others in their use.
- Follows good practices – Demonstrates an understanding of risk management policies and procedures and a record of following them.
- Supports a risk management culture – Has a track record of identifying and highlighting risks and suggesting mitigating actions.
- Reviews data – Applies a range of standard analytical techniques to support business development.
- Analyses trends Researches markets and conducts cost/benefit analyses to identify new opportunities or recommend improvements to current initiatives.
- Supports account management – Able to research business issues and contacts in stakeholder and potential partner organizations to support business departments.
- Works with stakeholders and partners – Communicates regularly with diverse stakeholders, customers and/or partners to build mutual understanding and trust.
This position is offered on Short Term Contract.
All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 6th February 2019.
KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.