IT Network Engineer Job at Cytonn Investments
Closing Date: July 20th, 2018
Cytonn Investments is an independent investments management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, and hospitality. Our financial services investments in Sub Saharan Africa are made through our Cytonn Financial Services Fund (CFSF) through which we are the 5th largest shareholder in NIC Bank in Kenya. Investments in education and hospitality are made through Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Hospitality, respectively.
Cytonn Technologies (CT) is the Technology affiliate of Cytonn Investments, an alternative investments management firm with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and the D.C. Metro Area in the US. Cytonn Technologies is a respected technology solutions provider that offers innovative, differentiated and efficient technology products and support, web-based solutions and integrated business solutions.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the implementation, enhancement, and troubleshooting of the Cytonn network infrastructure. The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong technical skills with routing and firewall operations while maintaining a mind-set for high security. Maintenance and implementation of WAN technologies will be routine.
Applicants who are highly motivated, organized and capable to work with distributed teams, while also able to manage projects independently are highly encouraged to apply.
IT Network Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, defining system installation, documenting and enforcing networking system standards.
- Design and implement new solutions as well as improve resilience of the current network environment
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Undertake data network fault investigations in both our local and wide area network environments using information from multiple sources
- Secure network systems by defining, establishing, enforcing policies, and monitoring access to the network.
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy
- Report network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects
- Perform regular upgrades on data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
- Configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls
- Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during system installation
- Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation.
- Undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centers
- Liaise with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis
- Speak to customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture
- Perform end user support
- Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time
Requirements for the IT Network Engineer Job
- Must hold a second class honors degree upper division and above in Information Technology / Computer science / Electrical or Computer Engineering or any other related disciplines
- A grade of B+ in KCSE and above.
- 2 or more years’ experience in managing sophisticated computer networks, network architecture and deployment
- Must be CCNP certified
- Microsoft certifications will be an added advantage.
- Deep knowledge of routing protocols and technologies. E.g.: OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VLANs
- Experience with provisioning IP transit capacity and building MPLS networks
- Experience in designing, deploying, and operating a high quality multi-pop IP network
- Extensive experience monitoring IP traffic and debugging routing issues
- DDoS and attack mitigation planning
The engineer will be required to possess the following skill sets
- Have extensive knowledge on computer systems and networks
- An up-to-date knowledge and understanding of our business model and industry needs, as well as the technical demands.
- Should be able to recognize the importance of customer focus.
- Should possess excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with staff who aren’t technically trained.
- Have the ability to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail
- Must have an analytical and problem-solving ability
- Must have the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams and clients across an organization
- Good organizational and presentation skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize workload.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, apply through our career portal.