PATH is seeking to recruit a Data Manager for Afya Ziwani to provide leadership in routine data management operations including supporting timely data collection and entry, data quality at all data points, processing, in-depth data analysis and managing the project database (PRISM). Further, provide support to research data collection and analysis efforts by the project including special initiatives, outlined surveys, studies and evaluations. Participate in preparing for and playing a key role in monthly data review meetings; writing donor reports and dissemination forums.
- Provide technical support in all aspects of data management including: designing of data collection instruments; designing and maintaining project databases; planning and conducting data analyses, interpretation and dissemination; assessing data quality
- Ensure data quality through data validation checks, including discrepancy/inconsistency checks, real-time data monitoring and data cleaning
- Ensure timely data collection, entry, review and collation of project data – both from health facilities and the community
- Work closely with M&E team and Health Informatics officer to develop and/or review data management systems including data dissemination aids and templates
- Under the guidance of technical team leads, conduct in-depth and robust data analysis and presentation
- Develop and implement a plan of building the capacity of project staff in data management including analysis, use and dissemination
- Contribute to development of in-depth analysis of Afya Ziwani project data for publications, advocacy, proposal writing and presentation to various audiences as need arises
- Assist in writing/editing guidelines/SOPs for data entry, management and analysis
- Provide technical guidance in strategies for improving the quality of data from health facilities and the community, and overall data dissemination and utilization at project level
- Responds to data requests from the project technical team in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, biostatistics, epidemiology, information systems or related field; Masters degree is an added advantage
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience providing direct data management technical support with specific experience in HIV/TB projects.
- Working knowledge of DATIM, PEPFAR reporting systems and DHIS2
- Experience managing large and complex data sets
- Proven experience and familiarity with MOH/GOK EMR and other electronic data systems.
- Excellent understanding of database design and development, database programming (in Access, SQL).
- Experience and skills in the DHIS2 framework, EMR and the National HMIS system, including knowledge of MOH data collection tools.
- Knowledge of data visualization/BI software like Tableau and Power BI
- Excellent knowledge of STATA and/or other statistical analysis package (SAS, SPSS, R)
- Knowledge of and interpretation of key indicators in HIV/AIDS, TB and reproductive health
- Excellent computer skills, with high proficiency in Excel
- Excellent data management and analysis skills
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work and deliver under intense pressure.
- Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Ability to collaboratively work with other project team members