We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Big Data and Business Analytics Department within the Business Development Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for persons who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head of Big Data & Business Analytics, the position holder will lead the data science team to create value from Safaricom’s vast amount and variety of data using advance analytical and statistical methods and models to answer complex business questions. This will serve to aid in decision making, unlock new revenue opportunities and areas to create efficiency through deep insights.
The role requires deployment of Artificial Intelligence driven by Safaricom’s data to create Machine learning models and solutions to deliver specific business relevant use cases. Safaricom is investing heavily in big data and this will be a truly exciting role in view of the organizations unique data set and position in this region.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Collaborate with business units and engineering teams to understand and prioritize company needs and devise possible solutions based on business use cases
- Create various machine learning-based tools or processes within the company, such as recommendation engines or automated lead scoring systems to drive revenue or create cost efficiencies
- Create visualizations using state of the art visualization tools
- Lead and manage data science team
- BSC. or MS. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience
- 2 – 4 years data science working experience and with a leadership role.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Good understanding of big data technologies like Hadoop
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and quick grasps to understand business problems
How to Apply