Database Administrator Jobs, ICT Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Aga Khan Hospital Jobs, Jobs in Kisumu
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa. The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa-Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok. With the ongoing expansion we seek to recruit professionals for the following vacant position:
Reporting to the IT Supervisor, the successful candidate will provide technical support in maintaining the integrity, effectiveness and performance of Hospital systems IT databases and ensure that data is stored securely and optimally
- Maintain databases to support applications
- Ensure database security and performance
- Recommend and document ways of integrating application systems to achieve optimal results.
- Implement relevant database upgrades and new installations.
- Ensure availability of databases backups as per set policies
- Perform regular database maintenance to ensure optimum performance and data integrity.
- Understand the business requirements and be part of team to implement in-house /Third party software.
- Ensure smooth running of the in-house developed/3rd party software
- Work may include reviewing code, writing documentation, and following test procedures.
- Work may include UI design, graphics development and programming
- Write simple and complex SQL queries
- Develop customized reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Certified Oracle Database Administrator.
- Minimum 2 years supporting Oracle database.
- Knowledge of CARE2000 Hospital Information Management System will be added advantage
- Front end development experience Functional IT languages: HTML5, Css3, Jade, Less, Node, Maven, Java Script, PHP, Magento, JSON, Angular JS, Type Script, Java, JavaFX, Spring, Hibernate, SQL and JAXRS.
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and public relations skills.
- Problem problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Detailed oriented and able to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision
How To Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 20/04/2019. If you do not receive any response from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Interested candidates should also note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not solicit any funds for purposes of recruitment.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”